Selling points are key to a website's success, especially a business website. Often, features of a product or service are listed rather than the selling points.
Subsequently, the site fails to sell the product or service to potential customers or clients.
People buy the benefits products or services give them, rather than what the product or service actually does.
To highlight selling points I use the AIDA system where possible. AIDA is an acroynm for Attention/Awareness, Interest, Desire,Action.
For example: Some of the selling points of my services are:
- Bespoke copy written to your requirements
- SEO copy - articles which includes keywords to increase topic relevancy for search engines.
- Product description writing - highlighting the selling points of a product or service. The copy will increase sales of the product or service.
Features on the other hand could be listed as:
- I am UK based, native born copywriter
- English is my first language
- I use Microsoft Word to write unless requested to use a different word processor
See the difference? One sells, one explains. Apple used to say a 1000 albums in the palm of your hand to sell the iPod, they never said it had an 8GB memory as a selling point.Learn more